A birthday is a special day to celebrate the person’s life and let them know that you’re glad they were born. You want to make sure to get their gift right, so if you’re considering having a cake delivered, here are a few questions you might want to ask the bakery.
- Can you deliver last minute? In a perfect world, we would all plan everything sufficiently ahead – but who are we kidding? Sometimes, you need a last-minute gift, and we can handle it.
- What is your delivery fee? Don’t get caught off guard by a delivery fee that’s nearly as much as the cake itself. Our delivery fee is only $10.
- When do you deliver? We deliver Monday through Saturday. If you need a cake on Sunday, we recommend Saturday delivery as your cake will be fresh and delicious for up to three days.
- Does someone have to be home? We understand that sometimes you want your cake to be a surprise, so if there’s no one home to accept the delivery, we’ll leave it at the door as long as it’s safe to do so.
- Can I cancel my order? We allow order cancellations two business days are more before the scheduled delivery date for a full refund.
- How should the cake be stored? On a cool day, your cake will be fine outside the fridge for up to five hours. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days but remove the cake two hours before serving for best quality.
Tips for Choosing Children’s Birthday Cakes
Choosing a cake is an art form. Don’t just point and click; take some time to browse the selection and consider which cake would be ideal for your recipient, from the size and shape to the flavour and the decorations. Here are a few things to consider when choosing the right cake.
- Flavour. There are endless cake flavours, from vanilla to chocolate and everything in between. If you know the recipient’s favourite flavour, you’re ahead of the game. If not, see if you can find out discreetly. If all else fails, any well-known flavour is likely to be well-received – it’s cake, after all.
- Size. Consider how many people will be enjoying the cake. You can choose a small, personal cake for an individual, or go for something larger if they’ll be sharing their gift with a group. One of the nice things about ordering online is the many options you’ll have.
- Décor. Does the birthday boy or girl love The Simpsons? Unicorns? Disney princesses? Do they have a favourite candy such as Snickers or Kit Kats? Do their tastes lean more sophisticated or more colourful and bright? We can incorporate any of these into a dazzling and memorable birthday cake, which we can deliver right on time.
Birthdays are one of the special moments everyone looks forward to; it's usually a day to celebrate the existence of life. People celebrate their birthdays in different manners and styles, but one thing remains constant at birthdays – cakes.
The cake is usually what distinguishes a birthday celebration from a regular party.
Birthday cakes come in different sizes, shapes, colours, flavours, and designs - depending on the type of party or celebration you are having. If you are looking for a birthday cake, browse our collection to get the party started. Some of our designs are listed below.
1. Selfie Cake
Selfie cakes are catchy, and one we at Cakemail pride ourselves on making. It's made with chocolate sponge, vanilla buttercream, and comes with an edible image of the birthday boy or -girl. This cake is made on pre-order, which means you have to give 24 hours notice before the birthday cake delivery or pickup date.
2. Gluten-Free Cake
Our gluten-free Nutella deluxe comes in chocolate mud and chocolate ganache flavour; it's an excellent choice for people on a gluten-free diet.
3. Alcohol Cakes
The flavour of alcohol mixed with cake is one you would always enjoy eating. Some of our cakes with alcohol decorations are The Tipsy Cake and Scotch and Cake.
Take the Cake
For your next birthday party, get in touch with Cakemail for the best birthday cakes in Sydney. We also offer birthday cake delivery within Melbourne and our delivery service is one you can always rely on to arrive when you need it.